Parent Leadership Council
Members of the Council:The Parent Leadership Council (PLC) functions as the leadership and representative volunteer organization for the Pitzer College Parents Association. The PLC serves as an advisory and support body for the Office of Parent Relations, and assists with the design and implementation of programs that provide connection with families of Pitzer students and alumni.
Meet your Parent Leadership Council members here.
• Provide financial support for the Parents Fund at a level commensurate with each Council member’s ability, thereby serving as an example and motivation for other parents to contribute charitably to Pitzer;
• Provide input to the Office of Parent Relations on programs and initiatives related to parents and families;
• Provide leadership for parent programming, including helping to create opportunities for parents and other family members to socialize and
strengthen relations with the College;
• Support the College by participating on committees, sharing personal expertise and skills, and helping to develop financial and other resources
• Represent the Pitzer College Parents Association by attending events and connecting with other parents in an effort to encourage camaraderie and an affinity for the College that will live beyond a student’s four years of education.
Your Board Members:
Karen Heaney Hook P’14, President
Edie Bartnof P’07, P’12, Member at Large
Howard Bartnof P’07, P’12, Member at Large
Stephen Bernstein P’14, Member at Large
Anne Carson P'17, Member at Large
Gary Carson P'17, Member at Large
Nancy Choate P’14, Chair, Parent Fundraising
Kay Cooke, P'16, P'17, Member at Large
Leslie Garrison P’14, P’15 Chair, Career Services
Patty Powell P'15, Member at Large
Nancy Savage P'15, Member at Large
George Savage P'15, Member at Large
Diane Van der Linde P'15, Chair, Marketing/Communications
Michael Weiss P’14, P’15, Member at Large
Lisa Wenger, P'16, Member at Large
Lisa White P’14, Member at Large
For more information about how to get involved with the Parent Leadership Council, please contact Senior Director of Parent & Alumni Relations, Brooke Hendrickson at email@example.com.